Wow! I am overcome with gratitude and a sense of accomplishment today. This weekend was my last module class. We moved back here 4 years ago because we weren't sure if the cancer would return. We wanted to be near family and get the kids settled. I used to tell people over the last 8 to 10 years that one day I'd love to be a Christian Counselor or a Spiritual Director. I clearly remember the day two summers ago when I felt a blessing and release from the Lord to apply to the School of Spiritual Direction and to pursue this dream of mine. It feels so serial to be alive and to have finished this program. After these past 2 years I feel even more confident in the giftings that God has given me, the way that God has and is using the struggles I've endured, and the life lessons and experiences over my life to better equip others as I companion them on their own faith journeys. What a humble, sacred blessing it is to be invited into the lives of people. What a privilege it is to hear ones story and to help them see how Jesus is and has been at work in their lives. They say "find a job you love and you'll never work a day in your life." Well that's how I feel with Spiritual Direction. This is what I feel I was made for and something I hope to spend the rest of my life doing.
Though we didn't get to meet in person due to Covid restrictions I am so thankful for Zoom and the connectedness and sense of family that can still be felt over screens. We grieved the fact that one of our classmates was unable to join us as he is currently not well and battling with Covid in the ICU. Please pray for our friend Peter and that he will come through this.
We had a beautiful time sharing affirmations with each other and also being commissioned by our teacher as we now have completed our 2 year program through Sustainable Faith which is the largest Spiritual Direction school in North America. When I left my life overseas I found myself feeling pretty lonely. I missed feeling spiritually connected with friends who I could share deeply with. These dear classmates of mine became family. They became a body of believers that I could share my tears of joy and sorrow with and they became cheerleaders and prayer warriors for me as well. With restrictions causing churches to stop meeting, or only having online services, these class times became like Church for me in a sense as well. I am thankful for their friendship and look forward to finding ways to stay connected in the future. If you are on the lookout for a Spiritual Director I highly recommend any of these dear friends. If you are curious about Spiritual Direction and want to learn more or have questions please don't be afraid to reach out to me.

No comments:
Post a Comment